Welcome to our website…
St. Colman’s Primary School is situated in beautiful spacious grounds at the edge of the town of Kilkeel about one mile form the shore. The school was established in 1989 with the amalgamation of both the boys’ and girls’ schools.
Education has a very long tradition in St. Colman’s primary School with the first written records dating back to 1839. The schools moved from the site on the Newry Road to its current position in 1963. Thus the amalgamation in 1989 was the single most recent event to impact on the school.
The vision statement of St. Colman’s Primary School clearly reflects how our school community views itself and how others see us.
“Cherishing the individual, nurturing for life and celebrating learning”. The staff endeavours to nurture all children in a positive child-centred environment where they will be cherished and valued and where they will be enabled to develop skills for life and future employment.
The mission statement affirms that Governors and staff alike, believe the school to be a vital part of the Catholic community, and are firmly committed to the aims of Catholic Education providing effective education for all, developing positive pastoral care system in school and establishing close links with home, the parish, and wider community.
Schools by their very nature are very busy places. The website simply gives a flavour of what goes on in the school. Detailed documents governing all aspects of school life are available on request.
Enjoy your visit.